Ovesco OTSC Proctology
The Ovesco OTSC clip application is an established procedure for treating fistulae and anastomotic leaks in the digestive tract and is now also available for proctology.
- Rapid, minimally invasive, surgical procedure
- Easy transanal clip application by ergonomic one-hand operated instrument
- Closure of anorectal fistulae and anastomotic leaks
- No delayed relaxation or rupture of sutures
OTSC Proctology is an innovative clipping system to be applied in proctology procedures.
It is used for wall closure in the anorectum (e.g. fistulae) and offers the proctologist three unique advantages:
- Large volume of tissue secured
- High stability at the lesion site
- Minimal strain on surrounding tissue.
The exceptional properties and therapeutic functions of the system are based on its special material and design: The superelastic Nitinol is biocompatible and, if needed, even suited to be applied as a long-term implant.
The OTSC Proctology system is intuitive, easy to use and similar to other devices.
Except for the OTSC Proctology Clip Cutter all OTSC Proctology products are disposable and designed for single patient use.
To place the applicator cap precisely on the lesion, either absorbable U-shaped sutures or the OTSC Proctology Anchor may be used through the working channel of the instrument.
Features of the OTSC Proctology Clip
- The rounded and atraumatic design of the OTSC Proctology clip enables placement in the tight anal canal without irritation of adjacent or opposite tissue.
- The teeth of the OTSC Proctology clip correspond to the endoscopic OTSC t clip type. Thus the OTSC Proctology clip provides ideal hold especially in fibrotic tissue.
The OTSC Proctology clip has a similar compression force as the endoscopic OTSC clip.
- The space between the teeth enables a good micro perfusion of the tissue in situ and therefore avoids necrosis and assists healing.