Small Bowel Disorders - Fast, Accurate Diagnosis with Capsule Endscopy and Spiral Enteroscopy
Enteroscopy is now faster, more flexible and more effective with the new Endo-Ease Discovery SB Spiral Enteroscopy system:
Spiral Enteroscopy - Endo-Ease Discovery SB
Not long ago the small intestine was an unexplored frontier in GI endoscopy. While new developments have opened up this region it has remained a difficult organ to access and small bowel enteroscopy has been a technically challenging and lengthy procedure. Now the Endo-Ease Discovery SB offers significant innovation in flexible GI endoscopy.
Endo-Ease Discovery SB is a positioning tool designed to quickly bring an enteroscope far down in the small intestine past the Ligament of Treitz. An over-tube with an air-filled twist is attached over an enteroscope and screwed gently clockwise down to the desired position in the small intestine, allowing a spiral to pleat the segment of the small bowel where disease is most commonly found.
This revolutionary system offers physicians an effective and time-saving alternative to single-and double-balloon system with conventional “push / pull” technology.
Advantages offered by Endo-Ease Discovery SB include:
- Makes it possible to remove pathology such as polyps and then bring the enteroscope back to the same position again and continue treatment because the tube always remains in the same position.
- The Endo-Ease Discovery SB lets you independently manoeuvre the enteroscope if needed while it remains in place.
- Soft, hollow, air-filled spirals allowing movement in the small intestine.
- Suitable for all Olympus or Fujinon enteroscopes. The device is 200 cm long and has a diameter of 9.1-9.5mm.
- Available in two models with spiral height 5.5 mm (standard profile) or 4.5 mm (low profile)
- Comfortable foam grips provide an ergonomic interface.