The OTSC (Over-The-Scope Clip) System Set
The Ovesco OTSC System Set consists of an applicator cap with a mounted OTSC clip, thread, thread retriever and a handwheel for clip release.
The OTSC clip for flexible endoscopy is a super-elastic Nitinol device for compression and approximation of tissue in the human digestive tract. It is delivered by means of an applicator cap mounted to the tip of gastroscopes or colonoscopes and is released by tightening the thread with the hand wheel.
Based on its unique design the clip closes itself and firmly anchors the tissue to be compressed for hemorrhage or closure of a GI organ wall lesion. Due to its smart material properties, OTSC clip delivers constant force at the implantation site securing the therapeutic effect. The OTSC clip is made of a biocompatible material and can remain in the body as a long-term implant.
The system is very flexible and will thus allow for multiple indications and is compatible with most of the conventional equipment in endoscopy.
Features and sizes of the applicator caps:
- Three different sizes of caps suitable for almost all commercially available endoscopes
(sizes 11, 12, 14mm)
- Two different depths of caps for grasping more or less tissue during approximation (3 and 6 mm)
Features of the clips:
- Three different sizes adapted to the cap sizes (sizes 11, 12, 14mm)
- Three different shapes of teeth suitable for different indications and tissues (types a, t, gc see pictures below)
1. Targeting the lesion (if needed with OTSC application aid)
2. Approximation of the application cap and the target tissue
3. Release of the clip with hand wheel
4. Procedure completed