FOCAL ABLATION USING THE HALO90 SYSTEM
The HALO90 System enables physicians to provide primary treatment for short (HALO90) and intermediate (HALO90 ULTRA) length segments of Barrett's oesophagus or provide secondary treatment after ablation with the HALO360 System (or other therapeutic devices).
- The distal end of the endoscope is inserted into the probe strap. The endoscope and HALO90 Ablation Catheter are introduced into the oesophagus.
- The anatomic landmarks are identified and measured.
- The endoscope is deflected to bring the electrode into contact with the targeted tissue.
3) Clean & Repeat:
- The coagulum is removed from the ablation zones.
- The endoscope and ablation catheter are removed under direct visualisation. The electrode surface of the ablation catheter is cleaned outside the body.
- The endoscope and ablation catheter are re-introduced.
- The ablation steps and endoscopy are repeated.